live, laugh, love, write
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Things That Make Me Smile (Spring Edition)
1. It's been a couple weeks since we were here, but it was very smile-worthy! For spring break, we headed to southern Utah to one of my husband's and my favorite places - Zion National Park. While there, we visited the ghost town of Grafton.
I loved visiting ghost towns as a kid and want my kids to have similar experiences. This one has become quite popular now that most of the buildings have been redone. Before we were married, my hubby helped me do a documentary about Grafton for my film class, so the place holds good memories, too.
2. I've been re-reading some books I haven't read in years and loving them all over again - The Ordinary Princess by M. M. Kaye and The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi.
3. Our tulips are in full bloom and the weather looks like it may FINALLY be ready to stay in the nice spring temperatures.
4. I've written over 70 pages in Book #3 of my WWI trilogy and been enjoying my time with the main characters, Colin and Nora.
5. Notes of love left for me by one of my kids sure makes me smile, too!
What's made you smile today, this week? Does it feel like Spring yet where you live? Have you ever visited a ghost town?
- ► 2014 (20)
- ▼ May (3)
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (30)