I love fall - not just because of the changing leaves or the relief from scorching summer - but because we have some great autumn memories and traditions that make this time of year my favorite.
1. My DH and I were married at the end of September and I really wanted a bridal picture with the fall leaves as background. So in order to get said picture, I hiked - in my wedding dress - up this mountain trail where the leaves had changed sooner than those in the valley. It was so worth it!
2. We love going as a family to one of the fall festivals in the area where the kids can ride on rides, shoot a corncob cannon, see farm animals or do a corn maze.
3. This past weekend we went up the canyon to have some family pictures taken. The mountain air was the perfect temperature, the gold and green colors were gorgeous, and the pizza we brought along for dinner tasted better than normal.
4. While I am not a Halloween-enthusiast, I do enjoy carving pumpkins and seeing my kids dressed up in their costumes.
5. My husband typically does some sort of canning or jam in the fall and I love to see the fruits of his labors (pictured above). He did peaches this year, and not only do they look amazing - they remind me of Autumn sunshine trapped in jars - but they taste terrific.
What are your favorite fall memories? What traditions do you celebrate this time of year?