My friend and crit partner Ali Cross passed on this fun blog award:
It requires I share 10 things about myself.
1. I have this weird aversion to drive-throughs, if I'm driving, but the drive-through at the bank is just fine (and very essential when you're with kids).
2. I did some ballroom dancing and acting in high school and college, and some days I miss doing them (especially after watching Dancing With the Stars).
3. My husband and I love to quote movies in our conversations or to let the other person know how we're feeling. One of our favorite lines (from Remember the Titans) is "You're cookin' my grits, Yost."
4. Though I consider myself an organized person, the thought of planning out every hour of my day (or every detail of my book) makes me squirm. I like looser outlines (or to-do lists), with wiggle room.
5. I've never had a real positive horse-back riding experience, which is ironic, considering I married a man who loves horses and used to train them for racing. (Still need to put training race horses into a book).
6. I LOVE chocolate, but not citrus, cherry, or raspberry-chocolate combinations.
7. I have a fear of heights and sharks - so parasailing over shark-infested water would probably not be my thing.
8. Despite the fear of heights, I rode in a hot air balloon as a kid, which was pretty cool.
9. I get motion sick very easily (in cars, on planes, watching Mario Kart on the Wii). One time my DH and I were at a movie and I had to go sit on the floor at the side of the theater because I was so sick.
10. My great-grandfather, Leslie Turner White, was an author whose books were published in the 1950's and 60's. One of them, Lord Johnnie, I've read and quite enjoyed. And though he died before I was born, we share the same birthday.
And now to pass the award on to Jolene Perry. I'm fairly new to Jolene's blog, but I love the funny honest way she writes her posts.
live, laugh, love, write
- ► 2014 (20)
- ► 2013 (22)
- ► 2012 (35)
- ► 2011 (30)